THE GO AND SEE TOUR: A DISCUSSION ABOUT PLASTIC POLLUTION, SCIENCE AND SOLUTIONS.
Science writer and artist Erica Cirino has sailed across the most polluted part of the eastern Pacific Ocean, met with world-class scientists in Denmark and is now preparing to visit some of the most degraded ecosystems in Asia. Her purpose: Find out the truths about plastic pollution and what it’s doing to the planet, wildlife and people. Erica shares her testimony on her Go and See Tour.
She is currently accepting new engagements. To request a presentation with Erica, please use the contact form below. Be sure to note the requested date of the presentation, as well as the general age of the audience.
- Harborfields Public Library, Greenlawn, New York - Wednesday, April 26, at 7pm (public)
- Island Trees High School - Island Trees, New York - Thursday, April 27, all day (private)
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York, From the Field Lecture Series - Monday, May 1, at 7pm (public)
- Molloy College Suffolk Center, Farmingdale, New York - Thursday, May 4, at 6pm screening of Plastic Paradise (public)
- Northport Public Library, Northport, New York - Monday, May 8, at 7pm (public)
- Via Aquarium, Schenectady, New York - Thursday, May 18, 6:30pm (public)
- Amagansett Free Library, Amagansett, New York - Saturday, June 3, lecture from 1-2pm, children's workshop (ages 8-12) from 2-2:45pm.
- Quogue Library, Quogue, New York - Friday, July 7, at 6pm (public)
- Hampton Bays Public Library, Hampton Bays, New York - Monday, July 10, at 11am (public)
- Cutchogue New Library Suffolk, Cutchogue, New York - Wednesday, August 9, at 6:30pm (public)
- Smithtown Public Library - Commack Branch, Commack, New York, Thursday, August 10, time TBA (public)
- Pacific Mariners Yacht Club, Marina Del Ray, California - Saturday, August 19, time TBA (private)
- The Explorers Club, NYC, New York - Monday, September 18, time TBA (public, with tickets)
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, Earthstock Alumni Panel
- Cinema Arts Centre, Huntington, New York, featured speaker at screening of "A Plastic Ocean" documentary
- The Knox School, St. James, New York
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, Featured Earthstock Lecture
- Harborfields Public High School, Greenlawn, New York
- Northport High School, Northport, New York
- Carolina Friends School, Durham, North Carolina
- Cold Spring Harbor High School, Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Stories about plastic pollution by Erica Cirino
- Sea Unworthy: A Personal Journey into the Pacific Garbage Patch - Scientific American, February 2017 (Shared on Facebook by Leonardo DiCaprio)
- Sailing Through Garbage Bag Ocean - Motherboard/VICE, February 2017
- Sailing Through the Great Pacific Garbage Patch - NPR/WCAI, January 2017
- When it Comes to Microplastic, We've Only Scratched the Surface - UNDARK Magazine, January 2017
- What's Up With Microbeads? An Update on a Tiny Terror Wreaking Havoc in Our Waterways - National Geographic Ocean Views, June 2016
- Plastic: The Big Breakup - National Geographic Ocean Views, April 2016
- Plastic Pollution Plagues NY-NJ Waterways and It's All Our Fault - National Geographic Ocean Views, March 2016
- More Plastic, Fewer Oysters? - National Geographic Ocean Views, February 2016